Life is taken another one of those detours. Last year I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.
My practice has moved to Matt McIntosh at 832-268-3596 or cell 713-964-2622. Very sharp guy. He is a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and he and his wife both graduated from TAMU.
If you have any questions please give me a call at 979-255-2355. Thanks, Royce
You have NEVER bought a car without a test drive first!
So, why on earth are you considering a 20+ year retirement without one?
Do it for your SPOUSE!
You cannot possibly know HOW all your various income streams, pensions, expenses, taxes, inflation, and investment assets blend together 10, 15 or 20+ years out!
I specialize in comprehensive retirement planning and can show you how all your retirement puzzle pieces fit together going out 30 years in your future. THIS makes us different.
Our propriety "Retirement Test Drive" is one of the core items that can make us different from other advisors. Lots of advisors have some kind of generic planner aimed toward the masses. Our Retirement Test Drive is based on YOUR Real World. Specific and accurate enough to give the engineer his required level of detail and very easy for others to grasp the basic retirement planning points with two graphs. I have found that even the "picture" person wants a few details and conversely the "detail & numbers" person likes the "bring it all together into one picture" at the end of the day.
Does "Peace of Mind" about your retirement future sound like something you might be interested in?
How many years will you NOT have a job or a working spouse?
You cannot match the detail and versatility we can provide you with. We Test Drive your retirement to determine the “must know” critical facts you need to make sound financial decisions that are in your best interest - for the 20+ years you and/or your spouse will be in retirement. You must ferret out all the financial myths, misconceptions and misbeliefs accumulated over your asset accumulation years so you can make sound financial decisions for your retirement. When you retire – MANY RULES CHANGE, we will show you the ones.
What if "what you don't know" is critical to the success or failure of your retirement income plan? Then what? When would you want to know that - sooner or later?
You have NEVER bought a car without a test drive first! So, please, don't retire without one either!
Jack & Jill Jones (my fictitious example couple) will retire at ages 67/66. I'm meeting with them in 2018 when they are 65/64. The grey bars are years that the couple's income needs are met. In 2038, Jill now 84 and Jack deceased, her investments, CD's and savings have run out. Now, Jill must REDUCE her lifestyle by 50%. All she has left is her level guaranteed forms of income like Social Security, annuities, pensions, rental income, etc..
Now, Jack goes into a nursing home for the last 2 years of his life. BIG grey bars - big nursing home expense! So now, things get even worse for Jill as she gets older! This one event cuts Jill's supportable lifestyle in half 3 years earlier at age 81 vs age 84.
YOU don't know, what YOU don't know, and you can't find it on YouTube, Google or Amazon! Change that with a Retirement Test Drive!
1. First we will agree on a few things like a reasonable inflation rate and do some guessing about your future tax brackets. We will look at historical COLA's, Capital Gains tax rates and current IRS tax brackets.
2. Then we will take a look at the assets you expect to get you thru retirement. We will discuss die too soon, die too late, who passes first, etc. Here we will also talk about the "color" of your assets.
3. Then we will project some annual expenses and some infrequent expenses. We will consider college cost, home repair, replacing autos, weddings, trips, vacation homes, Snowbirding and whatever else may be of value to YOUR quality of life in retirement.
4. We will then look at what active and passive income you have and how they may change going forward into your retirement. We can inflate rental, pension or work income. We will do some Income Allocation relative to the types of retirement assets you have.
5. We will have already looked at how to maximize your Social Security so we will be plugging in those figures. We will also look at your life insurance needs for legacy, estate planning or charitable giving.
6. Specifics on savings accounts and CDs will be entered.
7. All Qualified (401k, IRA & 403b, etc.) accounts and Non-qualified monies are looked at taking into account realistic returns, RMD's at 70, annual fees, income to live on and infrequent additions or withdrawals. This is one of the more important sections of your plan. Here we will talk about true "risk" in the market and how it relates to your money. We will have a long conversation on the reality of how much you're actually risking and the reward you hope to get.
8. We include many income planning "what if" scenarios to see if they have a positive effect on your plans. We can demonstrate several common retirement planning solutions and discuss the pros and cons of all of them. In case no one has told you, they are all "two-edged swords" and we will discuss that.
9. Finally, we add, adjust, try this or try that to finalize a plan. When you become a client you get a hardcopy of that plan. That way in the future you have a reference point to let you know if you're getting "off plan" so you can address it ASAP. This will be a visual snapshot of your next 30 years.Then - review and adjust annually, or as needed.
Start YOUR serious retirement planning in earnest today.
Call me or schedule below to begin your online Discovery Process with Royce
Begin having that "Retirement Peace of Mind" you have dreamed about!